Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

About Madison!

It's time to let the chickens rest a bit and move on to something else...like bragging a little about my Granddaughter Madison. Actually I have two beautiful granddaughters, Madison and Michaela. 

Andee recently sent me this picture of Madison, taken at the senior prom. She will be a junior next year but was invited to the senior prom this year. Madison is the cute one on the far right of the girls. I am crazy about this picture...and crazy about Madison...



You hear it all the time, but children grow up way too fast. I wanted to keep Madison little forever. 

Back in the 1950's (yep, here we go again!) we were spending our two weeks vacation at Folly Beach in South Carolina. Daddy loved to play bingo at the beach and while we were there he won a "Bonnie Braids" Doll for me. I was tickled pink! I'm sure you all remember that Bonnie Braids was Dick Tracy and Tess Trueheart's baby daughter...from the Dick Tracy comic strip.  Anyhow, in this next picture of Andee and Madison, Madison reminds me of my Bonnie Braids doll.




One Saturday morning Madison and I were on our way to Walmart. She was spending the weekend with Poppy and me. She was around two years old. Anyway, Madison was strapped in her car seat. I was driving and in the turning lane to make a left turn into the Walmart parking lot...had my signal on and waiting for one more car come past, that was creeping along...I said in an slightly irritated voice, well come on slow poke, and Madison said, yeah, my Dad calls them losers. She was a sweetie pie alright!

Thanks for letting me brag a little. Aren't grandchildren special!

Sweet Pea and Popeye have made it safely through two nights together.

Love,
Henny









13 comments:

  1. She is a beauty and will break many hearts! What a lovely gown, I really like the color! You have ever reason to be a proud grandma. Our Madison will be a Junior this fall they grow up way too fast:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's neat the we both have granddaughters named Madison, and both will be juniors next year.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry had to delete that one-d-a-r-n looked like a cuss word. Your granddaughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful child and young lady! Of course you can brag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You know how I love hearing about your grandchildren!

      Delete
  5. She is beautiful and so is her mom. I miss seeing and spending time with Andee', Lynn and you! We are all busy with our own family now.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so are you! Don't the years fly. And you're right, everybody is so busy with their lives. Families don't get together like they used to. I wish we would have another family reunion. I love you.

      Delete
  6. You have every right to be proud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From a little cutie, to a beautiful young woman. Lucky you to have her in your life. Not sure there will be any grandchildren in mine:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to have Madison. I hope you do have grandchildren to enjoy.

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.