Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Saturday on Henny Penny Lane



My sweetest little garden bunny says spring needs to hurry up. This is a vewy vewy cold place to wait. Bun Bun was a Christmas gift from Andee, Todd, and Madison.


..............................................................


Now isn't this par for the course...It's mid-day Saturday. Poppy is napping in front of the TV, Eli is asleep with his teddy bear on the back porch, and Weetie is curled up in her little bed beside the couch. The house is quiet and the computer sitting idle in the bedroom. 

I tip-toe quietly into the bedroom, sit down at the computer, and load three pictures, when, (pardon my language), "all hell breaks loose". There's a loud bump outside causing Poppy to jump to his feet; Weetie heads to the front door barking her head off, and Eli almost turns the cot over getting to his feet, then barrels through the back door! 

It was the FedEx truck! The large package being delivered was worth the interruption! I'll show you in a later post. 

but for now...back to waiting for spring...
My daughters know me! This very rustic little birdhouse was part of my Christmas gift from Lynn. Looks like a little house I would rent.

and this basket of little pots came with the bird house. Perfect! Just waiting for spring.

and speaking of Eli sleeping on the back porch, here's how he looked early this morning, looking through the living room window.

And later on. We're gonna whip somebody for waking up Eli!

He still loves those old teddy bears!

old sweetie pie!

Some days I just don't know what to cook for supper. Some days I'm simply cooked out! So, it will either be Chinese or Subway?? Of course, I've got to strike off to town to get the food, once we decide which. Better comb my hair and get a coat.

Hope to be back soon.

Love,
Henny





21 comments:

  1. I'm thinking a good pot of vegetable soup might fit the bill for us tonight, though Subway does sound good. Eli with his Teddy Bear is a wonderful sight to see. Tonight on animal planet they're having a show about Rescue Dogs and giving prizes for the most "wiggle rear" and such. Thought you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those home deliveries!!!! I love that your kids know you so well and buy you the perfect gifts--I, too, am anxious for Spring. Oh....I haven't had subway in a long time and that is sounding REALLY good. There is one about 3 miles from my house but we are in the middle of snow storm and I am too lazy to bundle up and go there. lol Let me now what you get, will ya? That way I can drool--lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little bunny.
    Oh I really do like that bird house and the little pots awaiting seeds.
    I'm afraid it will be a long time before spring arrives here!!
    Eli sure looks comfortable.
    Now I'm wondering what FedEx delivered!
    Know exactly what you mean by being 'cooked out.' I would have chosen Chinese. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Eli and his bear. I'm waiting for spring too, tired of cold weather, but hope it's a long spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet little birdhouse. I love the little tin roof over the "door". You will have lots of prospective renters looking it over come spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Subway is cooking at your house. Subway cooks here sometime. It usually depends on what coupon we have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You maybe could plant a little collection of herbs in the little pots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little bunny! I also have a thing for bird houses. That one is so cute. I can not wait to see what the Fed X man left you. Hope you enjoy your food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your bunny, the cute birdhouse and the basket of pots. How are the real bunnies doing?
    Looks like you had a sunny day. Perfect for Eli to take a nap on the daybed on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bird house is perfect and the basket of pots made me want to put out my hands and scoop it up.Lovely shots of Eli, as usual, Ben used to love his teddies and toys but now just wants to chase a tennis ball all round the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little sitting on the rock is so sweet. The birdhouse is cute and love all those pots.....just waiting for spring prettiness to be planted. Your porch looks like a heavenly place to nap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A whole lot of cuteness in that post. And that Eli, he reminds me so much of Cali, she used to pile things up to rest her head on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eli seems very gentle with his teddy - my Toby adores them, for as long as it takes to remove the stuffing, unfortunately. Whatever you decided on for supper, I hope you enjoyed it. You have sweet daughters to choose such thoughtful gifts, they know their mum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Christmas gifts. Yesterday I saw a pair of chickadees checking out a small birdhouse outside the window by my kitchen sink. One of them sat on the perch and looked like it would to in. It never did go in; I wonder if the hole is too small. It's too early for nesting anyhow. We're due for more winter weather after a short break. I know what you mean about being all cooked out. I don't mind cooking - even enjoy it some. But, I hate always having to decide what to cook. If someone would give me a weekly menu I could go by I'd be happier. I think age might have something to do with it. I've been deciding what to cook for over 50 years. Don't you think it's someone else's turn?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that basket with pots! And Eli with his bear is always irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful and thoughtful gifts. Eli is always a delight to see, his face lights up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Christmas gifts are wonderful. It's nice when people actually know you and what you like. That little bird house will soon be home to some new little family of birds. Spring is coming!!! and that tray of pots is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your rock bench. Nice place for a bunny to show himself off, too. Those little pots would make a nice herb garden I think. Which was it, Chinese or Subway? I vote for Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your garden bunny - it reminds me of Peter Rabbit. Every time I see Eli with his bear I get the biggest smile! It is so cute how that big, lovable dog carries his teddy bear around! You can tell he gets lots of love from you and Poppy and he has a lot of love to return.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just LOVE the photos of Eli snoozing with his teddy bear. That is the sweetest thing ever. I'm all cooked out too, and have been for a while. Adam cooks now, but some days I think he feels all cooked out too. Subway is an excellent option!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Eli and his bear. I'm waiting for spring too, tired of cold weather, but hope it's a long spring.

    หนังบู๊

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.