Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Computer repaired!

I'm back! Oh my! Where to begin! Remember the computer problem from Friday the 26th? Well, after staying off the computer all weekend, first thing Monday morning I called the computer guy. Better bring it in he says, sounds like the hard drive. Bring the power source he said, the little box that plugs into the wall. Okay. I say as little as possible to the computer guy, not wanting to show my ignorance. So I arrive at his place of business carrying our laptop and little black box in a nice cloth bag. I think I've brought what you need I said as he pulled the computer and box from the bag. The computer guy looks a little tired already and now a little disgusted. Nope, you've brought me your internet connection. And I was feeling so pleased with myself. The little box I disconneted and brought in was black and plugged into the wall. Oh well! Next time you come in to town, he says, as he jots down "no power source" on a sticky note and slaps it on our laptop, bring me the power source...and don't be in any hurry. I have four days of work ahead of you. I apologized for not being able to answer any of his questions and left.

Now the computer guy is the nicest person you would ever want to meet. I understand where he was coming from...you get to work on Monday morning with wall to wall broken computers and people like me bringing them in.

On Thursday, the computer guy called with bad news...it is the hard drive, he said. Gosh, what to do...get it repaired or get a new laptop? We decided to go with repair. Anyway, we're repaired, back in business, and happy.

Enough about the computer. Let me slip in a picture of Eli...the old sweetie pie...



By the way, with a new hard drive, things seem different. I was getting really good at doctoring up photos. Now I have to use "Paint" and it just does not work for me. I need help here!  

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around. Got lots of catching up to do. I've missed you all. Hope to be back soon with something fun to post. :)

Love
Henny Penny


5 comments:

  1. Eli's legs are so long! Glad your computer is fixed and you are back. Don't feel bad - those computer guys make everyone else feel stupid. As far as I can tell, the language they speak is not English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! We missed you.
    Computers are so wonderful and such a pain in the rear. I have no skills whatsoever technically and, like a cat, fear change. I want to keep the computer I have, in the configuration it is, with NO CHANGES EVER. I realize this is unrealistic, but will hold out as long as I can.
    I feel your pain.
    (I'm probably going to parachute in one night and carry Eli off. Just so you know. . .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dealing with technology issues too. I'll have to post about my trials. So far we do not have resolution. I love technology but I understand so little about how it all works.
    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henny, you are the bright spot of my week! I hope you learn about paint,I do not know it! Maybe one of your girls will jump into this with you.
    Missed you, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you. Glad to have you back again.

    victoria

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.