Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas stress


Could this be part of why I can't get anything done!!!  The ceiling fan simply had to be cleaned before the family comes at Christmas.  Heavy dust on the blades were beginning to wear on the motor! :)  As soon as I opened the ladder, Bickett claimed it...daring me to climb up!

How in the world all you folks with these great blogs, adding an interesting post every day, do it, is beyond me!!!  How have you done the Christmas shopping, put up lovely trees and decorations, made cookies to deliver, and batches of fudge to share, all the while caring for farms and animals and driving back and forth to work in several feet of snow!  I admire you all!

Now "me", retired since 1999.  My children grown and living in other towns.  Our cabin is not quite 1200 square feet.  I cook, clean, and wash clothes for only the two of us.  Now I do rake 5 acres of leaves, on my own, mind you! :)  I got more done when I worked 8 hours a day in the city, and was on the road 3 hours a day!!!

 (our first winter in the cabin) 

However, the Christmas shopping is not finished.  None of the baking is done.  Four Christmas cards were written last night, two cards were ripped up and thrown in the trash.  One thing I accomplished just this morning...a sheet of notebook paper filled, listing all that needs to be done before Christmas!  Whew!  Thank goodness that's done!


Hanging out waiting for me to pop the top on another can of "Fancy Feast"...always, before I can put a load of clothes in to wash!


And sweet Dumperoo never gets in the way...  during the day anyway.  He does his roaming at night.  Sometimes it feels like a race horse just crossed the foot of the bed in the middle of the night!

It is surprising how fast the baby Guineas have grown.  I never thought they would survive being hatched this time of the year.  Of course, that heat lamp burns day and night over their feed bowl and I have boards and pieces of tin enclosing one corner of the old dog lot they are in.  Only one of the babies is still not growing.  I've never seen anything like it.  It eats and drinks, but doesn't grow.


See the tiny one in front?

Thank you for stopping by.  I best get busy as I plan to mark off a few things on that notebook paper today!!!

Love,
Henny Penny


10 comments:

  1. Just having a coffee and some cookies before I get to more preparations. Thing is...I'd much rather be sitting by the fire all day!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Jane. My reply to you went to the bottom of the page! :) I do crazy things on the computer!

      Delete
  2. You have a mini guinea! Good luck with your list. Mine is getting better every day..but I have lots of activity this weekend, a wedding and a family get together and company coming..and so it begins:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mini Guinea! I like that! I can't believe how much you get done everyday!

      Delete
  3. You write a wonderful blog!! I love everyword of it! Christmas is a very stressful time of the year!
    Love you Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki. I think we feel the same about a lot of things! Love you.

      Delete
  4. I Know what you mean. Oh my, There is nothing like sitting by the fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henny, you are too wonderful! You are gettin' ''er done! Love Ya, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henny, I follow Lynn's blog and thought I take a little trip to yours. What a BEAUTIFUL home. It's still my dream some day to have a life as wonderful as yours. (smile) I can't wait until I can have my little cabin in the woods (little homestead) with chickens and goats. I keep thinking if I continue to see my future there it will be within my grasp. You have a new follower. (bigger smile) Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season! Gammy/Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gammy Tammy, thank you so much for the nice comment, and for following my blog! I am so excited! You are right, don't give up and you will have your little cabin in the woods. I thought Poppy and I would never get ours! Hope you had a good Christmas, and Happy New Year!

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.