Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Gifts

Just had to post a quick picture and note.  The gifts are wrapped and under the tree! 


You know, they say old people, or should I say, as people get older, they begin to hoard things.  Collect stuff and hide it away for hard times! :)  Do you reckon that's my problem??

Remember my ball of string...saved from every feed bag opened since we first started buying animal feed!  Let me see if I can pull up that picture again for you.  Here we go...


Well all those packages under the Christmas tree are wrapped in brown shipping paper that I could not bring myself to throw out.   You can order a pen and it arrives in a box big enough to hold a stove...stuffed with bunches and bunches of brown paper.  I just plug in my iron, and I iron and roll all that paper.  It's fun.  I have quite the roll stored away....held tight with a rubber band on each end. :)

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but mama used to press her paper money.  She sure did.  She said she couldn't stand old wrinkled up money in her billfold! :)  She was a mess, let me tell you!

We have had at least 2 inches of rain today.  The yard is slick and muddy in places.  The pond is muddy and the pier is under water.  It has been warm enough to run the air conditioner for the last three days!  That's okay,  I'm happy and excited about the family coming Christmas day!

Thanks for visiting.

Love,
Henny Penny

I'm not really hoarding things....am I :/

10 comments:

  1. Your tree and presents with their big bows look lovely. I used brown paper this year, too.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Cynthia! Thank you and I appreciate your leaving me a comment.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas, Henny Penn! Somewhere around here, in my acres of stuff in my tiny house, I have a string holder for you. I love you Henny! Love how you love your family! XO Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Terry! Thank you! Hope your Christmas is extra fun and very special. I love you too! Henny

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas! I love the brown paper, my Mom used to save all the Christmas paper and iron it to for the next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I've been known to iron Christmas paper too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Henny Penny!! I love the brown paper wrapping. I hope that Santa Clause is good to you and Poppy! Love you both!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Vicki. Hope you all had a good day. Were the boys excited? It's hard to believe Christmas day is about over. Lynn and Andee and their families left a few hours ago. They are probably home by now and it sure is lonely here without them. Love you all too! Henny

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandmother always saved Christmas paper and bows to use the next year. I remember one year when my older sister had one of her first real jobs the present that she got for my grandmother was a big bunch of "brand new" Christmas wrapping paper and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny. What a neat gift. I don't know why I have always enjoyed saving things. I love sorting, folding, pressing, collecting things. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.