Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

A very windy day!!

But no, I was so sure there would be no colored leaves for us this fall...



it's funny how on Friday I worked my fingers to the bone raking and hauling off the last pile of leaves from the front yard.


Then yesterday friends, the winds came. BIG WINDS! A cold front dropping down from Canada, they said. It was actually pretty to stand outside and look up at a sky full of colored leaves, swirling and blowing, covering everything!



leaves everywhere!


it's hard to see the wind, but looking west behind Poppy's shop, the sky was dark and stormy looking and the wind blew. We got only a sprinkle of rain, not even enough to settle the dust.
Penny worried that the wind might pick up her little pen and blow them away.


and Poppy said, at times, he thought the wind would blow him right out of his tree stand. Eli was glad when he came home.

That was yesterday. This morning the sun is bright, casting a golden glow through the trees...making me want to delete this cloudy post and start over with a bright sunny one. That's me! Never satisfied!

Maybe you've noticed my blog list is back. There are still a few blogs to add. I must be very careful and not do that again!    :( 

Hope to be back soon.

Love,
Henny





20 comments:

  1. Not much wind here, but BRRRRR, it turned cold overnight---35º.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold and windy today here....brrr.
    Love the colors of your trees, and Eli sure is a big boy !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy a windy day as long as things stay put! Your yard looks like a carpet of leaves. So pretty. Eli is beautiful! Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Theo...what a wonderful welcome he gives. We definitely felt the cold and wind yesterday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The perfect setting for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those big winds are frustrating especially when you have a big pile of leaves all raked up ready to move to somewhere else. I had the ones that I let the city pick up (about 1/3 of the total) all raked out to the edge of the street and fortunately they came and sucked them up before the big wind got here yesterday. Now to rake out the ones in the back and shred them for the compost pile. Then there are all the pine needles that I rake and put out as much on several areas in the shady, shady back that have no grass growing between the beds.

    Everything is very late this year since it's been so warm the leaves have just been hanging around on the trees and not falling. I'm usually all done well before Thanksgiving and here it is almost upon us. Thank heavens for small favors------we don't have company coming for Thanksgiving so I don't have to clean the house as well as rake.

    Are you having company for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have more leaves in your yard than we have on the whole street!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do get a chuckle out of the disappearing bloglist. I know that sinking feeling when a simple click happens and you wish you could take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize Eli was that big! Leaves are certainly pretty but they do mean lots of work! We had one really windy day also and it is brrrr cold here now. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leaves, leaves, leaves. :) Love you, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got rid of the last of the leaves in my yard yesterday. : )
    A snowy and windy day here by me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many leaves!! Poor Penny, afraid she'd be blown away. Do you know that I want a rabbit of my own too? Many years ago my kids had their rabbits but I was too busy to pay much attention to them ( the bunnies, not the kids). Now I see what joy your critters give you and I start thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Henny ... the wind made it up here in the mountains. We will have windy days for the next two days ... and snow 😊Lots and lots of snow ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some very pretty leaves and lots of work. I hope Poppy had good luck hunting:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have had strong winds and rain this weekend all the way across the ocean, causing some flooding in areas. The work never ends with raking leaves. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad no one was injured. Maybe the leaves are to insulate the dirt?
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had that same terrific wind. Leaves and DIRT were swirling around making it difficult to walk Theo. Love the photo of Eli greeting Poppy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have an awful lot of leaves :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diapers are just not supplying the excellent safety - instead, they locate that their diaper is leaking! Now what true is an grownup diaper if it's not doing its task? here are a few pointers on how you may prevent your adult diaper from leaking: make sure you are carrying the proper length.For more ==== >>>>>> http://musclegainfast.com/max-testo-xl/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.