Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

My Goodness, friends...



Thank you for the many many comments on my last, "what we older women should wear" post. 

Look, just so you will know, I did order that pretty shirt and the cool cowboy boots. The shirt arrived, and guess what...It doesn't look good on me. sigh! Of course, I ordered an extra large and the tail of the shirt hits just above my knees. 

Anyhow, maybe the boots will get here soon and if the boots fit, and if I can walk in them, I will show off my feet. :) 

I really had my heart set on that pretty shirt. Funny how the shirt looked totally different on me than it did on that gorgeous 5' 11" model. Imagine that! :)

Sure was fun reading all your comments. Thank you so much! and Connie at Crafty Home Cottage, you're right, I did ask! and you answered, and I totally agree with what you said. 100% Thank you!

Smokey got comfortable beside me on the couch after supper. Said he liked all the pillows I use to cover up the old worn out couch...

We just couldn't resist a little photo shoot...


Have I told you that Smokey can say "ma ma"? Well he seriously can. Poppy and I taugh him...

When he weaves around our feet meowing for somebody to open a can of food, we say to him, can you say "ma ma" and he changes his long drawn out meaow to two short "meow meow's". It's the sweetest thing. I just have to pick him up and hug him, he is saying "ma ma".




Hard to believe, here in the middle of February we are still struggling to get the leaves cleaned up...

With my back problems and then shoulder pain too last fall, I really got behind. The leaves are actually too much for a leaf blower. I'm right behind poppy with the rake and a giant tarp...pulling the leaves away.

In Randall Rabbit news, I've added an old wooden chair to his pen...

gives him something more to jump on and gives me a place to sit andvisit with him. 

Tomorrow is line dancing...I can hardly wait. Guess I will be dancing in my old boots again.


Oh, would you believe there is a 96 year old lady who line dances with us?? She is actually in the advanced class. Her name is Helen and she turned 96 on December 21st. How encouraging is that! 

Here it is Tuesday night, I've been to line dancing, bought groceries, cooked supper and washed the dishes...and now finishing up this post. 

Line dancing was really fun today, must say it was the fastest hour of the day. Carla and I plan to start staying for the advanced classes which start as soon as the beginner's class ends.  Every Tuesday a few new ladies start the class and a few drop out. So for those of us who have been there long enough to know the more simple dances, it tiring listening to the instructor start all over...when we want to be dancing. :) 

Okay, I'm sure you've heard enough, if you're still here. Thanks again for all the comments. Hopefully, I'll be around in my new boots soon...hopefully, I will be able to walk in them. :)

Love, Henny





32 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see those boots! I bet you will look gorgeous in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the shirt would be perfect for me! I'm 5'10". Ha! We're looking forward to seeing those beautiful boots on your beautiful feet Henny. Good for you moving up to advanced. I would never have the stamina right now.
    Love the chair in the pen. It's a perfect place to sit and relax and chat a bit with Mr. R. Rabbit.
    Blessings and hugs.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of for walking, these boots are made for line dancing. I hope they are a perfect fit. You really needed that chair in the rabbit pen...a petting chair maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Shame about the shirt Henny....Never mind
    you can always fold it up and let Smokey use it
    as a sleeping blanket..HeHe! Bless!x
    And he says "ma ma" do you squeeze his yummy
    like a teddy bear...HeHe! :O).
    Trying to think of some line dancing jokes...
    1)What do you have when only one line dancer comes to your party?
    A One Liner!

    2)What do you call two line dancers doing the dance Shoot the Rooster?
    A Pair of Shoot (parachute)

    3)What do you call a one legged linedancer?
    Eileen (I Lean)

    4)Where do tired line~dancers go for Breakfast?
    Ihop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

    ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫ ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫ ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫ ♬·¯·♩¸

    ReplyDelete
  5. Styles are one thing, but purchasing clothes that fit off the internet is another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Henny- Great post - with Smokey and your Rabbit Randal...glad you are enjoying Line Lancing. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Line dancing? How fun that sounds. Love the photo shoot of kitty. We hope to get a cat again when the house is all done with repairs and renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious wants to have a visit with Smokey on the pillows. And to sit in the (occasional) sun with Randall will be great fun. I had rabbits for pets until I was around 23. Loved them all. The thing with internest shopping, nothing is as it appears. I miss real stores with real clothing to try on and get the right size. I hope the boots work out OK, too. I'm like you, husband uses leaf blower and I use rake, tarp and drag all the leaves. Not as many as you, but it is more work to rake and drag then leaf blow I think. Lynn and Precious XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Smokey can say, MaMa! Adorable!!
    Have fun dancing!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to buy things online - they always look cute on those models. Hope the boots work.
    Smokey is so cute, and I bet Randall is happy with the new chair.
    Hooray for you for going line dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you are raking leaves and line dancing your back and shoulder problems must have diminished. Either that or you are playing through pain.
    Hoping the boots fit and you are fit for dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pics of Smokey. The little gray feral kitten is half grown now and looks a lot like Smokey. We have been calling him Shadow. And I think Randall Rabbit will love his chair... and possibly share it with you when visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the boots are everything you imagined. Sorry about the shirt...these things happen! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too bad about the shirt. The boots are made for dancing so hopefully they'll be very comfortable when you get them. Smokey is cute and recharging his battery. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for Helen, I love to hear of older people still getting out there doing stuff, whatever it is. They are inspirations for all of us!! Sorry about the shirt but hope the boots will be perfect.
    Have fun line dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Women who reach their middle to late eighties and beyond and still are in good shape are an inspiration to me I know a lot depends on genetics. My Mom died too young but a couple of her sisters lived to be very old. They managed quite well too. Gives me hope for myself.
    Sorry about the shirt. Were you able to return it? If not, with your sewing skill you could remake it so it fit.
    Smokey is not only handsome, he's also smart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear. Once again I forgot to identify myself. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear, your shirt didn't work out. Well I'm hoping your boots will work out fine! So glad you have such fun at line dancing class....hope you do the advanced class too! seems so strange to see your yard with leaves and grass and here we have huge piles of snow everywhere. Won't see anything like you have for months yet. Love all your critters...so cute! Take good care Henny! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too bad about the shirt. I don’t have much luck with clothes unless I can see them on own self. I think the me in my imagination when I look at the pictures isn’t reality!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh dear I am just catching up with you - sorry about your shirt...why is it that the models always look fantastic and when something arrives it looks bad on us:(!! As for that 96 year old lady line dancing - hats off to her. Just goes to show that age doesn't mean old!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know quite a few ladies who are part of a line dancing group, and they seem to really enjoy it - glad that you are having such a great time! How disappointing that the shirt did not fit, that is always so sad, and a pain to send back! Randall Rabbit looks quite happy with the new chair! And I have to say your Smoky highly resembles my two kitties! Their names are Ash and Smoky. Although - more often than not I call them by their nicknames, which is Big Boy and Little Girl, lol! I love that you got Smoky to say ma-ma! I can imagine it! Sure do love our animals! Many blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you like your boots when they come, too bad about the shirt. With your sewing skills I bet you could sew something better:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello from another Connie, a recent reader of your blog. This is an enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. Appreciate your visiting and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  24. Cute, adorable boots. I have a friend that loves line dancing. it is great exercise and fun too. I'm guessing that the shirt was much cuter on you than what you saw. I admire you for moving forward with the more advance classes. Woo Hoo...

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a shame about the shirt. Really hope the boots will be okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good day Henny! We are a-bloom here in the hills! All the trees are blooming like crazy Yikes. Any way, I want to know how the boots fit, and Henny, you might have to shorten the shirt yourself if you want to. Tractor Supply has a good supply of shirts for women in all sizes that might be line dancing friendly. I am so happy you are dancing, now you are ready for the advanced class! Randall is something, is he not? Your gray kitty kat saying ma-ma I can just hear this! He knows how to enjoy life. Enjoy your little break before spring really sets in cause then work sets in too! Love and hugs, waiting for the boots! Terry

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Terry, bet it's beautiful up there in the hills! I do see a lot of cute Western shirts in Tractor Supply...I should try one. :) Thank you Terry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad you had a good line dancing. I like those boots. I hope you will have a pretty spring.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am grateful for the author's ability to provide readers with valuable insight and advice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Aunt Henny Penny!! I dont know how I got so far behind on your blog post. I say wear what ever you want. I love the top and boots. I bought myself a pair of cowboy boots and I love them I dont get to wear them much anymore because I dont go anywhere. I love that you are learning to line dance!! I wish I lived near you and I would go with you! I miss daddy he loved him so western clothes. Seth had him some cowboy boots and a hat daddy would have been proud. I love you and miss you Love Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your boots! I know you ordered new ones-I hope they fit perfectly! Love the chair with Randall rabbit!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.