Pages

Monday, September 14, 2026

There was a little girl who had a little curl...

  right in the middle of her forehead...


You may remember our great granddaughter, sweet little Violet. She wasn't even walking last time I posted her picture.  She is the most adorable child. 

Looks like she was fixing to water her Grandma Andee and Grandpa Todd's flowers...


which just happens to be my all-time favorite picture! And now that Violet is two and a half, she has a new baby brother...

This is Henry, born last May...


Little Violet and baby Henry along with their parents Madison and Hunter just spent a few days at Disney World in Florida. Hopefully, we will get to see them soon. Violet was just a baby last time they were home. We haven't seen Henry yet. Andee keeps us up to date with lots of pictures. 

The early morning sun sure made us long and skinny this morning...


and the Black-eyed Susans must like this dry dusty weather...


It's odd how the Goldenrods aren't blooming. See them in the background how they look like they might bloom. But then they just turn brown. Got to be the drought.

There were a few purple flowers mixed in...


Makes our morning walk with Ellie more enjoyable.

One more thing. I've got to show you my "Rusty Heart"...


My good friend Karen who lives just down the road a piece loves rusty things, like me. She has a rusty heart and tells me that she and Norm, her husband, were driving along and she spotted this rusty heart for sell. She bought it for me. Karen says, "now we both have rusty hearts". Isn't that sweet?

Well friends, that's about it for this post. Oh, I've got to mention this. I was looking at comments awaiting moderation, (something I never think to look at) and saw dozens of comments concerned about me, since I was missing for about 3 months. Made me feel just awful but touched my heart. Thank you so much for worrying about me. Thank you for caring. 

Love, Henny




40 comments:

  1. First off Blogger has been very very bad the past couple months so don't feel bad about seeing late comments. I rarely see any of my reading list show up. Like yours today, I just happened to click on it out of curiosity and there you were! Violet has the loveliest curls and now she has a baby brother. Sorry about the continuing drought. With no Atlantic hurricanes this year, you'll get less rain. We've had terrible flooding in Ohio, but at my house, just excessive rain for the summer. So very strange. Glad to see your post. Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn and Precious. I've missed seeing your posts too. Will be around to visit. Every time I wish for Fall I think about you and how you are not ready for summer to end. I love summer too.

      Delete
  2. Oh so cute. I have naturally curly hair, so I love that curly girl and her smile.
    I love the rusty heart.
    Prayers for the little ones and their mama and daddy.
    xo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla. I remember all your curls in the picture you posted not long ago. Your hair was beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love her hair! She is adorable and so is Henry.
    I also love that rusty heart. I'd put it out around here for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what precious great-grands you have, Henny Penny! I love little Miss Curly Top. She reminds me of Shirley Temple. The rusty heart is such a cool gift, too. I know you'll treasure it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Jane. She reminds me a little of Shirley Temple too.

      Delete
  5. What sweet babies! I wonder if Henry will get the curls! I have naturally curly hair(although now it's just frizzy with grey). Neither of my children got my hair but my granddaughter's is curly when it's short but she keeps it down to her waist so the curls are just pulled straight from the weight of it. I love rusty hearts and wasn't that sweet of your neighbor! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I also have the frizzy with grey. :) Bet your granddaughter's hair is beautiful. I love long hair on girls.

      Delete
  6. Ah! Bless!x What a lovely little girl Violet is...
    Love the hair, especially the 'curl'...I had lots
    of curls as a kid...HeHe! Did l ever...? :).
    And..Love the name Violet for a girl, as l also
    love Henry's name for a boy...Very regal...And,
    what a lovely looking little fella he is, with a lovely
    little smile...Bless him...!x
    (Oh! Love Violet's shoes)..
    And l must confess....l love babies, l have four youngsters
    living next door, and the youngest is just a year old...!
    Then a five year old, a six year old, and an eight year old..!
    Members of my latest fan club...HeHe! :).

    Coming up eight o'clock, l'm, off up the Doctors surgery
    shortly, seeing the nurse for my annual check up...
    As long as my blood is still 'red' l've no worries....!
    I can still put one foot in front of the other, breathe in
    and out....HeHe! Job done....! :O).

    oooooooO!
    A "rusty heart" is a spiritual metaphor meaning a soul
    or conscience that has become dull, hardened, or
    clouded by sins and emotional neglect......!
    πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Willie. I'll bet the children next door love you. Hope your trip to the doctors went well and all is fine. Wonder if I should tell my friend about the rusty heart meaning?? :) I love it anyway. :)

      Delete
    2. I shouldn't if l were you.....Certain things have certain
      meanings to some people...
      But...What counts, is what that meaning means to you
      personally...
      That rusty nail, has character, and most important of
      all...it's in the shape of a heart...It's different, and quite
      unique...Love it...!

      Delete
  7. Aww, your Violet has gorgeous hair! Mine was curly as a child bul straightened after I had my children. Congratulations on the new wee one! He’s adorable …. Thanks for the visit to my blog. I also like you rusty heart. A very thoughtful friend!
    Happy week
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Violet is adorable!!! and congratulations one the new grandbaby.
    I love the rusty heart also.
    The golden is blooming all over the place here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I keep missing your post. Will be around to visit.

      Delete
  9. Your grandbabies are adorable! Love Violet's curly hair! I love the rust heart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jeanetti. She is a sweetie pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my, that photo of Violet is wonderful. Violet is a common name again. It was my mother's name and has made a comeback after all these years.
    The wild flowers add such cheer to your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. How sweet that your mother's name was Violet too.

      Delete
  12. Dear Henny. It’s been way too long since I looked at these blogs and I thought of you yesterday because of your birthday. Sending love from California and trying to speed read through your posts. I’m so sorry about dear Eli. Best big white doggie boy in town! I just turned my big milestone birthday on the sixth of September. Try saying that with a lisp, which I had when I was 2 or three. Please know that I’m thinking of you and just pulled out my sketches for your Big Boy painting. That turned out nice. Big hugs!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam! I can't believe it's you! I had to stop and think...do I know a Pam in California?? Then when you mentioned Big Boy. :) I still love my painting of Big Boy. It looks just like him. I also love my picture of the farm building in Texas. It was Texas, right. Thank you for thinking of me on my birthday. Happy Birthday to you! Hope it was extra special. We really miss our Eli. He was such a big sweet boy. Thank you for coming back to visit me. A special birthday present for sure. Love, Henny

      Delete
  13. Best wishes to you and all your lovely family.

    Thank you so much for visiting my Blog.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoying my visit with you this morning, I had a curl like that when I was that age, beautiful. It has been dry here also, but love those purple flowers are those Chickory? Black eye Susan beautiful. I like that skinny picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Birthday wishes, dear friend!! I can't forget your birthday because it's also one of my grandsons. He turned 28...just a few years younger than you. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sure have some cuties and oh my...how sweet to have a curl in the middle of your forehead. Hope she enjoys all of her curls. Is Golden Rod the same as Rag Weed? It looks so much alike. Enjoy a fun filled weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Henny! I missed this post when blogger was having problems. But your great grands are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miss Curly Top is very cute. A rusty heart is a very nice gift from your neighbor friend. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness me dear Henny Penny - Violet is the sweetest little girl, such an adorable face & sweet smile. And those curls ....... Oh My πŸ’“. Blogger has not been updating my reading list for over a week & then today here your post was!! Would you believe I have a rusty heart quite similar to that one of yours -how special. Take care dear Henny - lovely to see your post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of your Great Grands are really cute! I hope you get to spoil them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Violet has the cutest little head of curls. And the one in the middle of her forehead and that little poem. My reading list is not working so I came over and found you after you left your nice comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. How precious Violet and Henry look! You are so blessed! I think my shadow is my best friend, it always makes me look skinny and tall! How vibrant and pretty your flowers look. Drought can cause so much of a difference in things blooming or growing.
    How sweet that your friend thought of you and gifted you the rusty heart!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How blessed you are to have such sweet grandbabies, I hope you get to see them soon! The flowers in your area are so pretty and vibrant. Drought can bring so much havoc on anything that tries to grow. The rusty heart is so pretty. So nice of your friend to gift it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little Violet and Henry are just adorable. I hope you get to see them soon. Yes we are still in a drought too...where did all the rain go this year? I like your shadows as the Thin Man and Thin Lady! I sure would like a dress llike little Violet in the yellow! Hope you're both doing well. Love to you! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. I've missed you and was going to email you soon. Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. We finally got some much needed rain a couple days this week. Love you!!

      Delete
  26. Your great grandchildren are absolutely adorable. Hard to believe that Madison is now married with two littles of her own. I hope you get to see them soon.
    Our Goldenrod is blooming here...and lots of it. But then we have had an unusual amount of rain. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such adorable children, what a blessing. I love those shadows, your photography is great. Have a most delightful day.
    Best always, Virginia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.