Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Still Blogging from North Carolina

Hello dearest friends,

We haven't completely given up on the idea of moving to beautiful West Virginia...I just may be too busy to pack up right now and move :)

Been terribly busy in the teeny tiny sewing room...


Did I mentioned before how well the old fashioned bonnets are selling at the market? It is quite amazing. So, I sew for a couple hours most nights, making more bonnets.

I have added a new style bonnet...


This style has a ruffle in back and along the bottom of the bonnet brim. Inside is made the same as my other pattern...


Anyhow, for 32 years I've had an old blue bonnet hanging in my sewing room for decoration. It was a gift from my mother when we moved into our log cabin. 

Mama knew this elderly lady down home in Moore County, who made old fashioned bonnets and sold them for $5.00. (Funny, now I am that elderly lady making old fashioned bonnets.) Time sure flies.

So, one night in the sewing room the old bonnet caught my eye. Oh my gosh! Could I take that bonnet apart and make a pattern? I did! It worked! Here's another one...


Wait, I'm not done in the sewing room just yet...


No wonder 'cat food' is always at the top of the grocery lists. Yes, I mean you, Mokey!

Mokey and the bonnets...

Rare for me not to boast and brag and post pictures of the teeny tiny garden, round this time of the year, but you know what...

it's just not doing so good. Looks like the sunflowers may bloom soon. Looking forward to that. I took this picture of the garden while walking Eli and Ellie early one morning this week. 

Made several pictures on that walk...telling myself that I need to remember the joy felt when we finally got our little piece of land paid for and our dream home built...a little log cabin deep in the woods.

 Ellie and I lagged way behind that morning.

We looked up at the tall trees...

and into the dark woods where there is a little water hole...

Okay, I've probably way overstayed my visit. 

Oh, would you believe I am still line dancing. Yep, I've stuck with it and now can keep in step with the others...well, most of the time. That one hour, one day a week sure is fun. Actually, I have been staying over and trying a dance or two with the advanced class. Not quite there yet though. I've just got to get some pictures of us elderly dancing ladies to show you. 

Well, I will say goodbye for now. Thank you for looking in. Be back soon, hopefully.

Love, Henny



24 comments:

  1. Your bonnets are so cute! I love the new style too.
    Your property is just gorgeous. I've always thought a cabin in the woods would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see a post from you and to find out what you're doing and how life is treating you. The bonnets are beautiful; no wonder folks are buying them. Line dancing is so much fun and good exercise too! Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post today with so many beautiful pictures. Love your cabin in the woods. I would have a hard time picking up and moving leaving that beautiful place behind. I also think your bonnet's are gorgeous. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Henny you have such a lovely place hidden there in the woods. Enjoy every day you spend there with God's nature all around you. I love the pictures you post....the color is always so bright and beautiful. What lovely new bonnets you're making along with your previously beautiful ones. No wonder they're selling so fast! I'm so glad to hear you're still line dancing...would love to see a picture sometime of all you ladies line dancing. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI HENNY, ADORO TUS GORROS ESTILO FAMILIA INGALLS, SON MUY LINDOS, ESTOY EN PROCESO DE HACER ALGUNOS PARA DECORAR MI SALA DE ESTAR, ME GUSTA LA DECORACION ANTIGUA Y RUSTICA. ¿TODAVIA PIENSAS EN MUDARTE? YO QUIERO VIVIR AL ESTILO EN QUE TU VIVES, EN UNA CABAÑA, LEJOS DE TODOS SOLO CON MI FAMILIA Y LA NATURALEZA, ¿TE GUSTA UN LUGAR CON MUCHSO VECINOS? ESPERO QUE ME PUEDAS RESPONDER. BENDICIONES A LA DISTANCIA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see those dancing ladies for sure! And one of them must be you------someone else will have to be the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your photos are beautiful of everything! The house and trees, and the bonnets and garden. Lots of gardens don't seem to be doing very well this year. I always wanted a log cabin in the woods but that won't happen in this life. Maybe in Heaven I'll have a log cabin on those streets of gold! :-) The bonnets are darling and I like the "new" style that you're making. Enjoy the summer my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your bonnets. Glad you all are doing well, Henny. Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your bonnets sell so well! They are so cute.Your whole place is cute! As pretty as West Virginia is, won't it be hard to leave?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bonnets, as always, are amazing Henny...
    The different variations and styles and colours,
    are amazing to...and l think a bonnet looks far
    nicer than an ordinary hat..!
    Oh! Just a thought...can you perhaps make a
    smaller version, much smaller, one to fit Smokey!
    Just think..you can then offer bonnets for cats and
    dogs..you could start a whole new outlet...the four
    legged customer, matching bonnets for both pet and
    owner...!
    HeHe! Sorry! But then l do come up with these 'brilliant'
    ideas...! :O).

    The surrounding area is amazing Henny..the trees, the
    woods, the grass, the open ground for exercise, it's
    amazing to...And just think, like myself, you'd need a
    small army to move you...and it would take ages to
    move you, as far as l'm concerned, l'm leaving my
    home....feet first...HeHe! Bless! :O).
    🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️ 🖐️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love visiting your beautiful home! Even if it's an online visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so great that the bonnets are selling so good! They are really cute! It's something you enjoy making and make a little pocket money too! You live in a beautiful area but I understand if you want to live closer to family! Good for you sticking with the line dancing! I would love to do that but I don't think there is anywhere around here to take lessons anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo of the long walk with the doggie. 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the bonnets you make, Henny. What a great way to protect from the sun! I enjoyed all your photos, too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Henny, did you ever get your dancing boots delivered? Did they fit proper? Smokey looks to be a great help in the fit and finish of the beautiful bonnets. As long as you little log cabin feels like home, no need to move just yet. Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy your bonnets are selling well, Henny. And I imagine it would be hard to leave your little piece of land and dream home...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you checked in. It's great that your bonnets are selling so well. You are a very efficient and talented seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a very talented lady. These bonnets always remind me of my grandmother. She wore one almost every day. Hope you will post pictures of the line dancing...Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bonnets are beautiful!! Glad you checken in with us...and glad they're selling so well!
    We are done with moving...Got everything like we like it. Close to shopping, hospitals and restaurants.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bonnets, glad youare doing fine and then cats too. About your question about Daniel O'Donnell, unfortunately I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him but we have some music by him to listen too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Henny, those bonnets are so well made, you couldn't buy a better made hat! Goodness, they are beautiful! I know you think you want to move to WV but go visit there a bit and then consider it. Your home is beautiful and you worked hard for it, and I know change can be good, but just go visit and let us all know how it goes. I can tell you its jerking on your heart strings. Smokey is a real looker, isn't he? Hang in there, fall's around the corner, much love sent from WNC Terry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bonnets are so pretty! I like your new pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So nice reading your last two posts. I've been on a blogging break for the last three weeks and trying to catch up.
    Lovely photos and love your bonnets and aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Henny, you could never overstay your welcome...I enjoy your posts so much. I just do not get much reading done or I would read it every day.

    My mom's bonnets always had that ruffle on the bottom. She always wore one when working in the garden. I think I have her pattern still. But I cannot lay my handson it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.