Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Blogging Dogs

Dear friends,

Sorry to be so behind visiting your wonderful blogs and reading your posts. I will be around to catch up. Been lots going on lately...plus when our sweet Ellie knocked me to the ground, the impact did more than break my arm. I've had aches and pains in places I didn't know I had.  Certainly haven't felt the best lately. Hopefully, this too shall pass.

My daughter Andee and I share stories and pictures of our children dogs. Seems Andee has outdone me lately with the cutest pictures. 

You've met Bruno, the Golden Retreiver, but don't think I've introduced you to their big overgrown black Lab puppy, Auggie...

What a pair, these two! Bruno has had a time trying to teach Auggie the rules of his ball games. Bruno says, if you don't know my rules, you can't play.  Auggie says he KNOWS the rules!!

This summer, the gnats were really bad and for some reason they were brutal to poor Auggie; even to the point of causing an allergic reaction...something about his skin and shiny dark hair seem to attract the gnats. 

The Vet put Auggie on medication and suggested he wear a tee shirt while playing outdoors. Auggie was fine with a tee shirt...


Mama said I needed the pants too...

Mama, is this outfit like the ones the wrestler wear? Well, I'm teaching Bruno my rules on wrestling.

Auggie, you are a handsome boy! What a shiny coat you have...



Mama said I could bring her comfy old boots outside to play. Are you sure??

Two big sweetie pies saying goodbye. Thank you boys!

Okay, it's going to be hard to top the cuteness of Auggie and Bruno...but yesterday on our walk, we stopped in the back yard to let Eli and Ellie play.

Well Eli climbed up on the picnic table. Wanted to show Ellie...this is how you pose for a great photo shoot...

 How's this mama? Okay if Poppy is in the picture too?



Speaking of big silly overgrown puppies...Ellie!
this is about the best mama can do...mama says  I can't be still very long and my hair is always in a mess. But I'm so adorable!

Look mama! When I shake this stick really hard, it makes my eyes look blurry.




Well, mama says I have a royal look, specially when I pose for the camera.
Oh Eli, you have a very Royal look!

Well, you may look like royalty but sometimes I hear mama tell you to move your big butt out of the way. 

Thanks to all the players starring in my post today...Bruno, Auggie, Eli, and Ellie.. and you too Poppy.

Thanks most of all to you, dear friends.

Hope to be back soon.
Love,
Henny

28 comments:

  1. Love the pics, Henny! Bruno and Auggie are beautiful... and of course so are Eli and Ellie. I was just telling my son how Ellie ran smack into you and broke your arm as when he was at the house Saturday morning, Winston almost did the same to him (but my son is too strong to be bowled over). Winston is a Golden Doodle (the one pictured in my last blog with my grandson). He just turned one this month (the dog, not my grandson).

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLA HENNY: HERMOSOS TUS CACHORROS Y SON ENORMES, SE VEN TAN LINDOS CON SUS ROPAS JAJAJAJA. AQUI TAMBIEN TENEMOS 3 HERMOSOS PERROS GRANDES: LOLA DE 8 AÑOS QUE ES UNA OVEJERA BELGA, MUY GUARDIANA Y ASUSTA CUANDO LA VEN, LUEGO ESTA KIARA DE 2 AÑOS, ES UNA PITBULL, ES MUY BUENA, NO HACE DAÑO ALGUNO Y POR ULTIMO ESTA DYLON, DE CASI 1 AÑO, ES ENORME DE PELO NEGRO Y LARGO, ES UN GOLDEN RETRIEVER, ES BELLISIMO Y LE BRILLA MUCHO EL PELAJE, LOS 3 SON MUY GUARDIANES Y CUIDAN MUCHO A MIS HIJOS, SOBRETODO A MIS 3 HIJOS DISCAPACITADOS, NO PERMITEN QUE SE LES ACERQUEN EXTRAÑOS. ESPERO QUE TENGAS UNA BUENA SEMANA Y QUE PRONTO ESTES RECUPERADA. BENDICIONES PARA TI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling so well and hope you heal soon.
    Loved all the pictures of all the dogs! Labs happen to be my favorite dogs and I still miss my SammyJo. She died quite a few years ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, my favorite dog in the world was a black lab mix. I think I need Auggie. And that picture of the two of them saying good-bye -- the best!

    I always rely on an epsom salt bath when I have aches and pains. And arnica, either topical or oral. Even took it after surgery. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henny, I do believe this is one of my most favoritist posts of yours. Auggie is a doll and Bruno looks like he's a very good teacher. Labs and Retrievers are the best dogs. And of course your babies are the sweetest. I love them and would love to be able to give them both a big, big hug. I remember wrapping my arms around our St. Bernard when I was younger. That was another dog I could really cuddle with. Poppy did good too!
    Hope you're healing well and will soon be "all better" as Piper says.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable dogs! Auggie and Bruno are beautiful dogs although I couldn't help but laugh a little at Auggie in a T-shirt and pants. That's great that he doesn't mind wearing them and I bet they do help him out. They both look so cute sitting on the front porch all ready to play!

    You know I am partial to Eli and Ellie. They are both such gorgeous dogs! I'm sure they have a lot of fun playing together too. Henny, I'm so sorry you have had other aches and pains from when you broke your arm. That can quickly make a person miserable! I sure understand though because it seems like little things that never bothered me before cause all kinds of problems now. Please take it easy and I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this post. It warmed my heart.
    Take Care,
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, they all look like big beautiful pups to me...but I do have a soft spot for Eli...yet Bruno reminds of a dog a friend had. I wish I could pet them all!

    I do hope the aches and pains pass...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melba, you made me giggle! I just love all those pups and their sweet antics! I loved this blog post, too! Maybe I will let my Duke, Jasper, and Leroy Brown post something one day! Hope you are feeling better very soon, my friend!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Love all your doggie pics today! One is just cuter than the next. They all win the prize for the darned best looking dog ever!!! I bet you're getting your cast off soon, Melba. Won't that be a grand day! Can't wait to hear all about it! Take care you guys! All the kitties too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I forgot to mention my prayers for you so that you will feel much better soon. Falling can really play havoc with a body. Praying for good health to return to you soon! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun dogs! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are a good looking bunch of dogs - and of course Poppy is too!
    Auggie looks pretty cute in those clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post, Henny! What would we do without our doggie friends? I hope you heal quickly and feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous dogs all of them are Henny Penny!! I am sorry to read you are having so many aches & pains but you probably jarred everything in your poor body when you fell over & its going to take awhile to repair everything. Take care of yourself dear Henny xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Henny. I'm sorry you are still recovering from your injuries, and pray you will soon be feeling much better. Take it carefully and look after yourself.
    Loved your photos on this post, the pups are all so adorable - but I admit I especially loved Auggie in his pants! :))
    Hugz, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable Post!!! Your Family are all blessed with big cute babies. I am sorry about the gnats but glad baby could make a "fashion statement" with the t-shirt and pants.. :0)... Very sorry you are still recovering from the fall..I understand we just do not bounce good anymore..always not a good thing.. !! You have made my day better already to read this bit of cuteness today. Have a blessed week and may God bless you and make you much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving all the pictures that you posted. It was fun to see the dogs and that in both families the dogs have dog brothers or sisters. So they don't get lonely for thier own kind. I hope you get to feeling better and get over all the lumps and bumps that you took. It was just nice seeing a post from you again and will look for you in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you Henny! Please get well soon, praying for your recovery! Love Terry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, that was fun!. It's good to hear from you and your doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A dog filled post, I loved it. Thank you for the smiles.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had such a fun time reading this post! Oh gosh, the photo with Auggie and his baggie pants and shirt, that is the cutest thing! Poor boy, nasty gnats bugging him! Bruno's look is one of pure satisfaction with that beloved tennis ball in his mouth!~and of course the Double E crew is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all these pretty pictures! Those are some of the prettiest doggies I've EVER SEEN!! So cute how Eli gets up on the table, and Ellie---she's grown into such a BEAUTY hasn't she? Hope your aches and pains from the fall are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGOSH-Those are all beautiful dogs! There is just something special about our pets..they are like children to us, aren't they? I didn't realize you had taken a fall. I am so sorry. I face planted abut 6 weeks ago and really bruised myself up. Out walking in the dark with Scruffy in flip flops and hit the neighbor's sidewalk wrong and went down before I knew what hit me. My whole face was numb as I hit directly flat on my nose. Couldn't believe I didn't break anything...but I didn't.

    Hope you heal quickly and have a good rest of the week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.