Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Next Week! Christmas!!

Hey Friends,


Well, it was a week Friday since my last post. Need to get going here, because I know me...I'll mess around and miss wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

Where have the weeks of December gone! Next week is Christmas! I've done a little bit more decorating.

My beloved old cupboard that sits on the front porch really needed a Christmassy touch...so I went gathering more cedar, pine, and a few holly limbs...


and tied a little of the greenery together for our tiny screen door made with chicken wire...


This door badly needs a coat of stain. It used to be a warm golden color. If you've never seen such a door as this, it's because, it was built by me. :) I sawed an old full size screen door in half, bolted the two pieces together, and added chicken wire., and it worked!

This was back when Eli was ten weeks old. He loved being on the porch but we were afraid he would wander off. I also enclosed the porch with garden wire. You can probably tell. :)

Okay, don't know how I got off on all that. I have something to show you...

Also don't know  how I got lucky enough to be one of four to win a beautiful hand carved ornaments...

from Far Side of Fifty.blogspot.com  Both Connie and her husband are amazing wood carvers.  


Can you believe how much this looks like those old glass ornaments! I love it! Thank you Connie. Appreciate that little scrubby thing too. Those things are great, especially for those of us without dishwashers...

and I wish I had taken a better picture of the card. Connie makes these cards and they are beautiful...
Connie has the neatest blog and posts something every day...something interesting! I could never do that. Some of her posts are hilarious and make me laugh. She's great and got a great husband too.

Got something else to show you...

A very special bunny rabbit from a very special person!

A Bunny that ice skates. He is so cute, and fits right in with the animals on the tree. 

Most of you probably know Deb from Just Cats.  She is such an animal lover and boy do the animals love her. Even the tiny little Chickadees will light in her hands. It's amazing. 

This bunny is more than cute, He is beautiful! I love him!

And friends, I'm serious about Deb and the Chickadees...
I love this picture of Deb in the snow with a Chickadee. (I didn't ask permission to post this picture. Hope you don't mind, Deb). It is so pretty! Thank you for another bun bun.

Well, before I go, here's an old picture from the 40's. 


                                    Kids on the right; Shelby(standing), me(center), Jackie(on the sled)

Taken probably some time around Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,

Henny






35 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this post so much. Love the bunny ornament. The cupboard on your porch looks so nice all decked out for Christmas.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won one of Connie's carvings a few years ago and it's always been on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these beautiful ornaments that Connie makes and all of your pretty decorations. And how fun to see that old photo. I need to see if I have any taken in the winter! Merry Christmas! holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bunny ornament is absolutely exquisite. I love old-fashioned rabbits! The greenery that you added to your porch looks very festive. Merry Christmas to you! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Merry Christmas Wishes Henny. Same back to you and your hubby. I love all the greenery you have put around your place..and what wonderful new ornaments you have received from Connie and Deb. Lucky, lucky you. How nice they look on your tree too! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the photo of you and the sled, it reminds me of my childhood in Wisconsin. You received some pretty ornaments and that hand made card and that is attractive how you added greens to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Christmas to you dear Henny Penny. Your chicken mesh door is adorable - Love, love it so!!! And that ornament that you won is rather adorable too!!! So pretty on your tree. Your decorating is just beautiful Henny - so love my visits to your little place here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you remodeled the screen door and I really like the swag you hung on it. All your greenery looks great and suits your decor so well. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post and I love all that beautiful greenery and holly! Your cupboard and the decorations are perfect. Connie and Deb both are just the sweetest people! You are right, their blogs are great. The picture from the 40's that you posted is wonderful. I love seeing photos from the old days!

    Merry Christmas to you and Poppy Henny! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Henny Penny,,, I luv the view from your porch.. and May you have a Very Merry Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post :)
    I love the ornaments from Connie and Deb and your greenery decorations are simply gorgeous and so much nicer than artificial stuff.
    A very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. Stay safe and happy over the holidays, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It ALL looks great Henny..Love the door you made,
    and the selection a different hinges..HeHe! Made
    me chuckle...! :).

    And, it's nice to have things on a tree to remind
    one of people or places, all looks lovely and bright..!
    Hope the furry ones are enjoying it all to..! :).

    My daughter will be down on Boxing Day..Though London
    and the east have been put on tier 4..complete Lockdown!
    We are on tier 2 where l live, so it's all still open,
    though there are rules to follow still..!
    Let#d hope it gets better in 2021..! :o).

    • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| ç”°ç”° |é–€| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cupboard on the porch filled with Christmassy loveliness. You did a fabulous job crafting that great cupboard. Your Christmas tree is lovely with all those gorgeous ornaments adorning it. May you and your loved ones enjoy a beautiful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Henny- I just love the B&W photo of you Kids In The Snow from years gone bye- wow! What a childhood! Like your Christmas Decorations too. Merry Christmas to you Henny and Family. Regards. KEV. (Sydney- Australia).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your post. Your decor is so perfect for the Season, and loved your gifts and information about your friends' blogs. Will check them out for sure. What a sweet memory in the photo of playing in the snow. I grew up in SC, and our snows were there usually, but not often so it was a huge event for us kids. Hold onto the Memories and enjoy a Merry Christmas with your Family, All.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas, Henny. Thank you for all the lovely posts you have put out this year. They do a lot to brighten up gloomy days and all this covid panic. I think your wooden screen door looks perfect as is with the greenery on it. Glad it kept Eli safe until he got his bearings at his wonderful log cabin home. Beautiful wood carved ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some beautiful ornaments! Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely decorations Henny, I've so enjoyed reading all of your posts throughout the year.
    Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christamas! I love the carved ornament! And the bunny is amazing. Your decorations are so pretty. Thank you for such a sweet, warm and welcoming blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your screen door. Perfect for the porch. The carved Christmas light ornament is fantastic!
    Always enjoy your posts!! Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your greenery decorating. My favorite things to decorate the house with in December are greens and berries and pine cones and such. We’ve had ours inside for a couple weeks so we will have to cut fresh ones before Christmas. I don’t mind, though! It isn’t even Christmas yet and you have some sweet Christmas gifts to enjoy. Blogging friends are so precious! And so is your last photo, fun memories of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love all that natural greenery, so pretty. You did a beautiful job on that door. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cupboard is styled beautifully! I love it.
    I like the carved ornament. My hubby does a lot of carving so I have to check that blog.
    Cute pic from past years!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Melba, those are the sweetest ornaments! I love your porch cabinet and the little screen door with all it's Christmas greenery! I hope you and Poppy have a blessed Christmas with all your animal babies!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas my dear friend.
    Lots of love,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Christmas photos are wonderful! Makes my heart happy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Henny...your home looks so charming, so festive. You decorate perfect for your home in the woods. I love all the natural decor and paid a visit to my ditch to gather fir branches this year. They really made for some lovely decor.
    The wooden ornament is gorgeous. I love it. And I knew the bunny would look right at home on your tree. A tribute to all your bunnies.
    Happy Christmas to you and Poppy. Love to all the fur & feathered babies. Mine are snuggled up in front of the wood stove this morning and it's snowing. So pretty. I will check out Connie's blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merry Christmas! I love your Greens! So glad the ornament arrived safely and i am so glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Merry Christmas Henny! Love you from Asheville!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I adore your screen door, and it’s festive adornment is so great I think you should keep it up all year round. Just found you whilst blog hopping 😊
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your touches of green...can almost smell them from here. Love the ornaments.

    Wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely photos and such beautiful gifts for the tree! I love your cupboard, it's gorgeous. Merry Christmas to you Henny!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hoping this finds that you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.