Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Not feeling so good.

Nothing much accomplished around here yesterday, in fact, jobs were added to my 'to do' list and nothing crossed off.



Most days Eli knows when it's time for Poppy to get home from work. He waits at the gate on the front porch. As soon as the truck stops in the driveway I open the gate and Eli jumps from the top step and bolts outs. Wild horses couldn't hold him back. Monday was different. Eli didn't bother to get up when Poppy got home.  Tuesday morning I called the Vet.

Dr. Davis examined Eli from head to toe and did blood work. Eli tested positive for Ehrlichiosis. Not a surprise here. Ticks are awful this year. Eli will be taking Doxycycline for three weeks.

So, what to do first this morning...start mowing? (after the rain the grass is ankle deep again), stain the new well? tear down the old dog lot? dust the garden? (those tiny black bugs are eating holes in the eggplants), clean up the chicken lot? (it has turned into a mud hole), build a lean-to shelter on the chicken house? Need to get to the house work first and then decide which job to tackle.



Hanging around waiting for Miss Jewel to bring her new baby out.



Only one teeny tiny egg hatched.



Maybe by July this muddy pond will clear up. This Cecile Brunner (Boutonnier) Rose is kind of scrawny looking but kind of pretty too.

I simply must get up from here and get busy. Hope you all have a good day! See you again soon, hopefully! :)

Love,
Henny

23 comments:

  1. Hi Henny - Poor Eli. Hope he heals quickly and there are no side-effects from the meds. He's such a sweet dog. You really are a busy lady. You're like me, though. I can't start anything outside until the inside is tidied up. Look at that little baby. Now, that might be taking up some of my time if I was there. So adorable. Is the mom friendly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deb, Eli is feeling better already. I know. I just can't work outside unless the house is straight inside. I have looked at the baby chick several times today. The mom pecks my hand if I reach out to touch the baby.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, that's quite a list of to-do's! You have a full day ahead of you. Best wishes to Eli - I hope the meds have him up and around soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty. There is always work to be done around here. :)

      Delete
  3. The meds should work fast Eli should be better today!~ Those tick borne diseases are awful, Chance has had E. too and he rebounded fast. My goodness you have quite a work list! That new chick need as name:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing . After the second pill, Eli was feeling better.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you are a very busy lady! It would be hard for me to do any inside work living in the beautiful spot you do. Hope Eli feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I find so much to do around here! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, a long list of jobs. Hope Eli is on the mend soon, poor thing he is looking a little sorry for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it seems the more options on the list, the less gets done. Good luck! Poor Eli, hope he recovers fast. I have rudely been introduced to ticks this year, and I wonder how you ever find them on him with all that hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I hate that I've made a list because you can work all day and not get anything on the list done. I rarely find a tick on Eli. I stopped counting the tick bites that I've gotten. It's over 40.

      Delete
  7. I hope Eli gets to feeling better fast! Tell him Keeper said hang tight buddy, better days are coming. I have to look up this Ehrlichiosis, I have never heard of that. You say he got it from a tick? We have deer ticks here and a few other nasty ones but I don't know if they carry this Ehrlichiosis or not. I have not found any ticks on Keeper amazingly enough. But geesh with all that hair I could have missed one he got off himself too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give Eli Keeper's message. :) Ehrlichiosis is caused by the brown dog tick, I think. I've never seen but a couple of ticks on Eli. It doesn't bother some dogs, but it sure made Eli feel bad.

      Delete
  8. My best wishes to Eli, luckily there is not a high tick population here. When I lived in Lincolnshire there were many ares full of them but warning signs were posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. We've always had lots of ticks here, but they seem to be worse this year.

      Delete
  9. You given me a good reminder to watch for ticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Red. I got another bite today. I've had over 40 bites already this year. I thin I've become immune to their bites.

      Delete
  10. Well, in skimming the comments, I see that Eli is already on the mend. Good. Now I think you should add a bit of down time to that list. there's always tomorrow, and the day after that. Start with those bugs that are eating your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ashamed of my light-weight to do list after reading yours! You really have a lot on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Eli! I hope he feels better soon. I, too, have a long to-do list, but I have put it off yet again. I'm not on top of my a-game lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Eli gets well soon. Didn't you say you have guineas? I hope they can help with that tick problem!
    Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad Eli is on the mend. And Miss Jewel's one little chick is so sweet!! Have a nice weekend/ Hopefully there will be some time just to relax.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.