Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Thee Teeny Tiny Garden

Thank you to a new follower, Psychelyn. My goodness, I appreciate this so much!

Haven't talked much about the teeny tiny garden this spring and actually, there is not much worth showing. The plants are just starting to grow and fill out. Maybe soon all will be lush and beautiful. Yeah right!



The little waddle fence at the far end of the Kale has 'yard long' beans planted along side. I can't imagine a bean measuring a yard long so I'm hoping these do good. And in the far left corner a few cucumber plants to climb up the fence.



The teeny tiny row of Kale. On the left are sunflowers and Zinnias coming up. That should brighten up the garden.



There are nine tomato plants.




A little patch of onions. On the right a few squash vines and a row of red potatoes coming along.



A little patch of Dill.

Somehow the teeny tiny garden seems a bit boring this year, like me. It just needs something. There is a good chance of getting a thunderstorm this afternoon. Maybe a shower of rain will perk things right up. Right now it's very dry in the garden.

Sometimes, well around here, most of the time, the most beautiful plants were not sown by me but volunteered and came up. Like this...



Not sure if this is a gourd vine.

That green little plant to the left of the vine folks is pesky lemon balm. It wouldn't surprise me to wake up one morning and the house be enclosed in lemon balm. It is growing at an alarming rate and taking over every inch of soil out here. 

And volunteering last year, was the pretty Citron vine that grew. Nary a citron seed did I put into the ground and yet that beautiful citron melon vine grew and grew and yielded several melons.

I need to wrap things up here. It's time for Poppy to get home. Oh gosh, and I forgot to make tea. Better get that done. Hope to be back soon.

Love,
Henny



A sweet little Fairy Rose in bloom. :)


26 comments:

  1. That teeny tiny garden looks pretty big to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call it teeny tiny but actually it's all the garden space we need. :)

      Delete
  2. Gosh I love your posts. I find them very soothing. Although this one did trigger a few thoughts - as I looked at your garden, I began thinking about mine: "Cosmos! I want to buy some cosmos for the side garden!" and "Zinnias! Should I plant them this year?"
    Like you, we also have a mysterious volunteer - actually several of them. My husband walked me out back to the compost heap. A week before we had emptied the vegetable scrap keeper from the past year into the compost and now we have something from the viney melon family coming up.
    It'll be fun to see what it turns out to be - hope it's something edible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty. I meant to plant Cosmos this year too. It's probably not too late. I love those volunteers. It is fun to see what they produces.

      Delete
  3. Its looking quite big to me too, and coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garden is looking very promising, I just evicted some lemon balm from my garden, it is a real thug and pushes it's way into every coner if you let it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure wish I had know about lemon balm before putting it in the ground! :)

      Delete
  5. Love your garden! Ours is not doing to great we really need some rain! Hope all is well I might try to call you this evening and see how you are doing.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki. I enjoyed out talk last night. Thank you for calling. Supper turned out good. :) Love you!

      Delete
  6. Your garden looks amazing, lots of fresh food and canning adventures ahead !
    I love Lemon Balm, but only plant it in my herb wheelbarrow, is it OK to do that, or does it jump ship ?
    Rain today, you may have showers your way by now !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jo, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the lemon balm had jumped out of the wheelbarrow and into your garden. :) Oh, we did get rain. We actually made the local news. Three inches of rain in one and a half hours!

      Delete
  7. Love your garden! And I love you even more! Your gur, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, it's you Lynn. Thank you. You will always be my gur! Love, Mom

      Delete
  8. Your garden is well advanced. I'm starting to see the first peas come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I plan to plant peas and then wait too long. Peas need to be planted early around here.

      Delete
  9. your rose bushes are lovely. Bet they smell good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to smell that Fairy Rose and see if it does. Smell good, that is. :)

      Delete
  10. It is not that small! You have lots of work there! That little rose is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. You get to working in the garden and it seems pretty big.

      Delete
  11. I think you surprised a lot of us with your not-so-teeny garden. And talk about neat!! Not a weed in sight. Isn't it funny how Lemon Balm is almost a weed in your area but out here it might send out half a dozen babies a year and even those are easy to pull out. We had a morning of showers earlier this week but it was not nearly enough. Tomorrow I'd better check what needs watering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny about the lemon balm. Around here it is almost impossible to pull out of the ground. We finally got a good rain yesterday.

      Delete
  12. Your garden is way ahead of ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I bet yours is way ahead of mine in 'beauty'! :)

      Delete
  13. oh Henny, you're garden/land would be 'to die for' here in UK - not teeny/tiny ! I'm sooooooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? Thank you Wean. I really do appreciate having even five little acres. I'm as happy with five as I would be with five hundred. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.