Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yard full of flowers

I should stop taking pictures of the yard.  I remember thinking, when we first moved in, I will NEVER have a yard full of flowers.  I didn't know where to begin.  Now I look around and think, how did we ever plant all this!!!



 
This azalea has been so bright and full this spring...


There is something special about an old No. 2 tub.  Poppy said when he and his siblings were small, growing up in Georgia, they got their baths in one of these old tubs, out in the smoke house.  All the boys used the same water.  Can you even imagine???  And after going barefoot in that red Georgia clay!!!

 

  Looking up from under the snowball bush...


I worked in the garden most of the day.  Got everything planted except the okra and yellow squash. Hope to finish tomorrow!!! 

I don't know what I do to post pictures, some on the right and some on the left...oh well!

Love,
Henny Penny

4 comments:

  1. Please don't stop taking pictures of your yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that Lesa because I got a few more today!! :) I just love spring and flowers and being outside.
      Love,Henny Penny

      Delete
  2. Dear Henny,
    You've managed to bring forth a little slice of Eden for yourself. How luscious it is!
    I can almost smell the blooms.

    Most of our snow melted today, except for the deep ledges. They will take a while longer still, but they will melt is the point!! I am so excited.

    You can never have too many beautiful pictures of flowers. They are good to look at during times when there are none in the yard. :) (think: Budgeting loveliness for times of drought)

    It's a wonderful day!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jen,
      I love that.."Budgeting loveliness for times of drought". I want to remember that. I'm excited that you may soon be out in the sun planting flowers!!! Thank you for your comments.
      Love
      Henny Penny

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.