Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Baby Chicks

Dear Friends,
 
Three brand new baby chicks are here !!!  What a surprise!!! I knew  "little Jewel" was sitting on 2 eggs in the goat barn, but I didn't think she would sit still long enough to hatch an egg.  She hatched 3!!!


"Jewel" is not like the other chickens.   A couple of years ago she came walking up the driveway.  I fed her and she stayed.  I've heard of stray dogs and cats wandering up but never a little hen!


I named her "Jewel".  She watches me and follows me around.  If she wants out of the chicken lot before I let the others out, she flies over the fence! 





It was beautiful here today.  Warm and sunny.  A good day for baby chicks. 

Love,
Henny Penny

6 comments:

  1. Dear Henny Penny,
    Jewel's chicks are just the sweetest little things. I wish my city kids knew what a baby chick felt like in their hand, or how fresh straw has a pleasant smell like no other.
    That's a pretty special story about how Jewel came to be yours. The creatures must have a sense that your place is a good place for them too. :0

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jen,
      Wish I could give them a baby chick...I would. It is funny about the creatures showing up at our place. When I worked, it was a joke around the office about bringing all the little needy animals to Melba, she will take care of them. One day 2 baby Starlins fell out of the nest over the loading dock. A worker brought them to me. Poppy and I raised those 2 birds. I'll have to find a picture to post. Thank you, Jen.
      Love,
      Henny Penny

      Delete
  2. Dear Henny Penny,
    Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. To be known by one's peers as such a one, is an honor indeed.
    Thanks for posting this inspirational story.

    Blessings of peace and love,
    Jen


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jen,
      How beautiful. Thank you very much.
      Love,
      Henny Penny

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. A stray hen. That had me in giggling fits. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, Lesa...Never seen anything like it. She acts like she owns the place!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.