Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The wreath

There is something unusual, something special, something I really like about this picture.  Maybe I spend too much time thinking and planning, moving things, admiring things, making things.


Do you ever feel lonely even when you are not alone? 


I have a cute kitty cat oil painting to show you.  Painted by my cousin Pat.  This is a small painting she did from a photograph of Bickett...


I've mentioned this before, but since I don't know if anyone reads my older posts...Pat is my first and second cousin.  Her mom and my mom were sisters.  Her dad and my dad were first cousins.  Our families were very close growing up. 

Both Pat and her husband Mike love cats.  They have two Ragdoll cats named Max and Annie, who are spoiled rotten!  :)

You may remember this painting of Bickett.  Pat did this one a few years ago.  It hangs in the dining room...


Talking about pictures made me think of my brother Randall.  Randall, like Jackie, died when he was only 49 years old.   Anyway, Randall was a lot younger than Shelby, Jackie, and Me.  He used to love to pick at mama.   One night Randall was sitting up late, supposedly watching TV, after mama had gone off to bed.   Well, he took all the pictures on the living room wall and hung them up side down.  Randall would snicker and laugh, waiting for mama to notice the next morning. Mama would say, "what's wrong with you, Randall?  What do you keep laughing at?"   Then when mama noticed what was done, she would say, "Randall, I'd be ashamed. Why do you want to do things like that?" Mama didn't really mind.  Mama thought the sun rose and set in Randall. 

This is an old picture of Randall from the 1980's.  We all loved Randall so much.  He always had that smile.  He loved to laugh.


Not much of a post.  Hope you will come back.

Love,
Henny Penny


14 comments:

  1. I love that top pic too! Is it inside or outside...I can't tell?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is outside on our tiny front porch. :)

      Delete
  2. I feel lonely a lot even when I am not alone. I think it is because of our parents being gone and family growing apart in this fast pace world.
    Love you, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think you're right. When we're young Christmas is such a happy time. But as we get older we remember those times and miss the people who made us happy then. I try every year to be excited and make Christmas old fashioned, but it is hard. We can't go back so we just have to be happy and move forward. I love you Vicki.

      Delete
  3. Hey Henny Penn! I love the pictures of the kitty! Secondily, I always feel lonely at the holidays, but then I remember that I am not totally alone. There is the star that we follow that helps guide me most of the time. It used to be really hard after all my family was gone, but time has healed that a lot, but I know what you mean...the holidays make us so lonely, but you are holding up well, Henny, look at all you do! Look at the life you have created! Spring is around the corner and you can grow some more broccoli. Okay? How are the guineas? I been away awhile, just asking--- Love Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been away awhile and I always miss you. :) I think there are lots of us who feel lonely at the holidays, for different reasons. I just told Lynn yesterday, to remember, once Christmas is over we only have January and February to get through...and we can start looking for spring! Wonder if it will rain this spring like it did last year! The Guineas are doing good except for one. That one is not growing. It is still so tiny. I've never seen anything like it. It acts ok, it just doesn't grow. Love, Henny

      Delete
  4. Your wreath and that view is lovely. Your brothers died young..that is sad and no doubt Christmas brings about all kinds of feelings. If I could ignore Christmas I would...it is exhausting:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Christmas is exhausting, and I can't seem to get anything done this year!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this blog post, Henny. I look forward to reading about you. Love the wreath. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate that. Thank you for your comment too.

      Delete
  6. That lighted wreath is just gorgeous. I know what you mean about being lonely during the holidays. I always feel like we should be with a big family during the holidays and it always just us three. Hard to manufacture gaiety with that small a number somehow.

    Victoria in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I sure appreciate your comments. Love, Henny

      Delete
  7. I think it's a lovely post. Yes, Christmas can be a lonely time,especially when thinking of our childhood and the memories of those we've lost. Ghosts of Christmas Past I suppose. Wonderful kitty pictures.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie. You have such a pretty,sweet face, and the name Laurie...it all goes so well with "Rose Cottage".

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.