Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Moths

Looks like it's my year to see pretty moths...Anyone know what this is??  My book says Pyralid moth, but what I see on line for pyralid moth looks different.  I worry over butterflies and moths because their wings are so delicate.  Trying to move them to a safer place, I usually wind up doing more harm than good.  I guess they are where they are for a reason...so I'm leaving them alone!!!



We had an exciting weekend!!! My  wonderful son-in-law loaded the chainsaw, drove down from Virginia, and cut 11 trees from our yard.   A dream come true for me!!!  Andee and my granddaughter came too.   Andee and I pulled away limbs and stacked wood...with Andee doing most of the pulling and stacking.  They both worked really hard and we appreciate it so much!!!  Poppy cranked up his chainsaw and helped too.

There are still a dozen or more trees we want cut from the yard, and we will still be surrounded by trees!!!

Jewel's baby chicks are about grown.  In fact, they have outgrown their pen so we've moved them.  These chicks sure favor their dad, especially the two in front.  The other on looks more like her mom.


Looks like two young roosters and one hen...





 I appreciate your looking in...Even on this pitiful post.  I'll be back soon :)

Love, 
Henny Penny 





2 comments:

  1. Hello Henny! I missed your posting after I checked in a couple times, I see why! You will just have to post pictures of your new "treeless" yard. I love moths, too, but they seem to be diminishing around here. I have only seen once Luna and I have never seen the one that you have, which is so lovely! Have a great day! XO Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Therese,

    I just finished a nice long note to you and went to hit "publish", and deleted everything I had written. What is it with me and computers??? Must be my age!!! Anyway, Thank you for checking in to see if I had posted anything new...I can't imagine!! I embarrass myself trying to write. I was excited to get your comment!! Speaking of "treeless" yard...No one could tell 11 trees had been cut out. There's still so many out there. I can tell a difference because there is a little more sun coming in. I will take pictures though... Thank you!

    Love,
    Henny Penny

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.