Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Dear friends,

Welcome back down Henny Penny Lane...


 Hope you still are my friends. Forgive me for going away and not saying goodbye or I will be back or anything! Life sure can get crazy. I won't try to back up and bore you with all the details...just go from here. 

Must share with you though, we lost our sweet Eli last Tuesday. Of course, our hearts are broken. Our little house is just not the same. We have a big empty chair in the living room. It has been several months since Eli could even climb into his chair. Eli was going on 13 years old. He was certainly showing his age and had lost the muscles and most of the nerves, the vet said, in his back legs. He will forever be in our hearts...


Eli's vet says he lived a nice long life but not long enough for Poppy and me. Seems like just yesterday we brought this little ball of fur with the white eyelashes home...


It will take a while to recover from this one. 

How's your summer been? Hopefully, not as hot and dry as it has been here in our part of North Carolina. We have broken records...hottest June...dryest June...most days without rain! We were in a terrible drought all through spring and most of this summer. 

Only one pear survived on our two pear trees...


Funny, after that crazy ice storm in February, remember the one where I chopped up all my towels with a potato rake?? :) Well it warmed up so much that the pear trees bloomed, then we had winter come back in March. :(

Not a good year for gardening either...here are a couple of sunflowers. I always love a sunflower...


and this one trying to top the old birdhouse...


and Poppy took this one on our walk with Ellie this morning...


Not a very exciting post. Thank you if you're still here. I have missed you all!

Love, Henny


4 comments:

  1. I check now and then for a nice post from you but was worried so glad to see one today, So very sorry for your loss of such a beautiful boy Eli, my heart breaks for all of you. Our son lives in Raleigh as well so we hear about the hot dry weather. We visited in July and it wasn't quite so hot at that time but so dry. So glad you are all well except for your heartbreak but thank you for taking to the time to write such a nice post. I love your sunflowers, here in WV there has been recent rain and flooding and our garden isn't doing well at all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia for the nice comment. Seems like I remember there being a few cooler days in July. August has been awfully hot and dry. My daughter and son-in-law live in Hedgesville WV and my granddaughter and her family live in Hedgesville. 😊

      Delete
  2. Oh so sorry you have lost Eli. Well the vet was right in that he did have a really long life and I know it was a happy. I know you must be sad to see him go but that's the way of things. We almost always outlive our pets. No getting around it.

    I'd give you a big hug if I could.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Victoria. Thank you! I could use a hug. I’m sure everyone who has ever had a pet understands the hurt.

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.