and there sat a crow looking at the moon...
It was our early morning walk with Ellie, and I didn't have my camera, but Poppy did have his. "hurry", I said, "I want a picture of that crow and the moon"!
Made me think of mama...It was on a Sunday many years ago even before we moved out here. We were clearing a spot to build the cabin and was burning brush. Mama said, "Melba, I'd be ashamed to be burning brush on Sunday. You know that's how the man got put in the moon"!
Anyhow, hello again dear friends. It's good to be back even though there isn't much to post. The teeny tiny pond is still here even through this summer of extreme heat and drought...
We were beginning to worry but then it rained in July! Enough to bring the water level up but have had no more since then. Things are looking bad again...
Good to have a place for the animals to get water and cool off a bit. We have seen deer wading over near the cattails. Once a mama deer and her twins were in the water.
Let me show you how I grow grass... :)
or should I say weeds? This spot going into the goat lot was a small, washed-out gully. Driving me crazy!! So once again I filled it with dirt and this time covered it with bark off a dead tree. See, I figured if the grass thought that I was building a path, it would grow there. :)
Probably shouldn't mention this but it's the old 37-year-old couch. I've covered the cushions again. Several months ago, I found a beautiful large piece of upholstery fabric at a thrift shop for $3.00!!
my colors too! Red, gold,
So here we go again...this should do us for a while longer. Not perfect but will do for now.
Well, I'm sure you've all seen enough, if you've made it this far. Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you so much!
Love, Henny
Goodness! Me! What a wonderful post...but, then,
ReplyDeletearen't they ALL.....! HeHe! :).
And, good news over here, the grass is finally turning
green, back and front...even the play area out front
is turning green...! And the kids are back to school
tomorrow and Friday...So, it's all happening...!
Your couch! Your couch! Your couch! Henny....HeHe!
I have an identical one in my front room, mine though
is completely covered in the same material, and mine
is...wait for it...48yrs old....I'll sent you a photo of it....!
And just over the last few months, l removed all the
covers, over three days, soaked and washed them all..
Out on the line for a couple of hours, dried in the heatwave,
and put back on the settee...Job done...!
And...The moon looks lovely...That bird certainly has summat
to 'crow' about...HeHe! Bless! :).
And...The lake looks lovely to....oooops! Sorry...Pond...Don't
forget l'm writing from the UK, and as far as the British are
concerned it's a lake...!
Best get on...home to~day, got to sit down and get used to a
new phone, l bought yesterday...!
Hello! Hello! Is there anyone there...??? HeHe! God Bless! :O).
π·πΈπ· π·πΈπ· π·πΈπ·π·πΈπ· π·πΈπ· π·πΈπ·
And Willie, what a wonderful comment!! Glad to hear things are good over there. How nice that you have a 48-year-old couch. Makes ours sound kind of new. :) I have to take everything off occasionally and put it in the washing machine, especially with 120 pound dog using one end. The phone! We just got a new handset for ours. I turned over a glass of Powerade and of course it went inside the phone. Thank you for visiting!!
DeleteI always enjoy catching up with you, Henny Penny. The fabric you used to cover the couch is gorgeous, and I do love the photo of the crow and the moon. Amazing! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Martha Jane. I enjoy reading your posts and read them from my emails.
DeleteOoo - love that fabric, Melba. Isn't it amazing the fabric you can find at a thrift store for so little $?
ReplyDeleteYour clever plan for the path will surely outwit the grass :) haha!! I kind of like the bark though. It looks cool!
Are we ready for autumn yet? I know I am!
Hey MK. Yes, it's amazing! Most of my favorite things have come from the thrift store, especially clothes. Would you believe Dan liked my idea of the bark. It made a pretty good path...that the grass will take over! :)
DeleteI'm with Willie on the cloth on your newly upholstered couch cushions it's absolutely beautiful material. Years ago I had a couch or two that overtime I made covers for. Gee now we're down to just two recliners and no couch. And the recliners get used a little bit for cat scratching, lol. Sorry to hear that you're still having a drought. Up here in Ohio this week we are back into the high 90s after having a nice break the last 2 weeks. But I guess this will be the end of the super hot summer weather and I'm not ready for summer to end. So glad you got the photo of The Crow and the Moon..
ReplyDeleteOh, you should see the bottom of our couch. Smokey sharpens his claws on the leather. It's full of little holes!! :) The weather! We had a nice break from the heat last week too, but still no rain. Like you, I hate to see summer end but if the Fall months will bring us rain, then I'm ready. Summer is my favorite too!! Thank you Lynn and Precious
DeleteThe crow and the moon - it triggered good memories for you.
ReplyDeleteI love the beautiful, still, reflection of the pond.
Thank you, Linda. Oh, mama had so many funny warnings she used to tell us. :)
DeleteThe crow and moon shot is beautiful! I laughed at your comment about the grass growing if you wanted a path. So true!
ReplyDeleteThe material is so pretty - good job!
Thank you, Mari. I know! Our brick path to the shop is covered in grass now that needs pulling! :)
DeleteI love crows and your picture is perfect! Gosh, I wish I had the patience to recover our furniture! I might find the patience if I had that fabric. It's beautiful. Of course the grass/weeds are going to grow on your new path! That's a rule or something!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Pam. Wasn't I lucky to find that piece of fabric!! And I almost walked out of the store without it!
DeleteHi Henny,
ReplyDeleteI love the crow and moon photo. And the sayings from your mama always make me smile.
They do not make furniture like they use to, so well done I say, your couch is beautiful.
xo
aww, thank you, Carla. No, they sure don't and we have certainly got our money's worth out of this one! :)
ReplyDeleteGod bless always.
ReplyDeleteI love the new fabric that you used to reupholster your couch. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to live somewhere where wildlife could come and drink or bathe. Well, maybe not bears.
The old sayings from days long ago sometimes make me laugh... My dad used to say things and I had to wonder where it came from. Your couch looks beautiful... If it's comfortable then it is GOOD. You did a great job covering it...
ReplyDeleteLove your couch, Melba. It looks brand new. Great colors too. Hope you get some rain down there. We are very short of rain this summer too. Love that picture of the crow and moon. Keep taking those good walks! Love to you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on the couch. I like it!! Love the picture of the crow looking at the moon!
ReplyDeleteHenny, I too love the pic of the crow looking at the moon. Our crow numbers are increasing - when DH puts out peanuts in the morning.... think there were at least a dozen that swarmed down (neighbors that don't like critters may complain... but haven't yet). They sometimes are there waiting for DH to come out... and caw loudly when he's late. I also think your couch fabric is very pretty... and like the bark path! How are the bunnies doing?
ReplyDeleteLove your perspective on growing grass! Your couch is so pretty, Henny!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear from you again, Henny. Your pond with its reflections is beautiful. And I love the cushions on your sofa. We bought a sofa in 1976 that is still in use today. We did pass it on to a nephew when we downsized and no longer had a place for it, but it's still going strong. Just about all of our furniture is that old, except for our recliners. Those get used a lot more than any sofa so they have had to be replaced a time or two. Come to think of it, my chair has been reupholstered and had new cushions put on it so it's really getting up there in years. I hope you get rain soon. This summer has mostly been too wet, too dry, or too hot across the country. We've hit 100 degrees the last two days and the same is predicted for the next 2 days. I'm so thankful for air conditioning. We didn't have it as I was growing up and I don't know how we survived. Take care. Does Ellie ever get in the pond to cool off? She has so much hair.
ReplyDeleteLove those cushions and what a deal! $3.00! I hope you get some rain soon. We've taken rain everywhere we've gone on this trip. We even broke the drought in Spokane over the past three days. It's rained ever since we arrived. Hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Great picture of the crow and the moon. That is a beautiful piece of tapestry for $3. Someone's loss...your gain. We finally got some much needed rain and , like always, got A LOT more than we could use but it is better than no rain, that's for sure. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteNice job on covering the couch, you are a wonderful seamstress!
ReplyDeleteLove your picture of the crow and the moon, what a fun capture indeed! So nice that you all walk together. My husband and I enjoy morning walks together too. Sorry to hear you haven't had much rain, we had a very dry summer here too, but have recently gotten a good amount of rain, for which we are very thankful! Happy September blessings to you!
ReplyDelete