Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments. I know most of you have suffered over the loss of a special pet and understand the hurt. Thank you.
Do you see the Dove?
I looked up and there it was, above the teeny tiny greenhouse and garden. How special is that!
Want to show you something too. Eli's favorite spot in the house had become between Poppy's side of the bed and his closet...
We put down this mat then covered it with Eli's favorite big camo comforter. He had his own fan there in the right-hand corner. He loved his special place. My point in showing you...getting to the computer was almost impossible. To type, I had to sit on the pillows and balance the computer on the edge of the desk. Another reason for being away so long. Anyhow...
Shelby and I managed "somehow" to be vendors at the "Bee Jubilee" in June. Fabric is hard to come by anymore so I was rummaging through my fabric closet and found two big pieces of, remember when you could buy fabric by the yard that looked like a quilt top?? Well, I made a bunch of aprons from that fabric...
"These are going to sell like crazy", I thought to myself. "They're so cute"!
With so many colors in the quilt fabric I could add different colored ruffles. It's the three in the middle.
Yep! These are going to sell like hot cakes...
We arrived at the Bee Jubilee, found our spot and began setting up our display...
Oops! Sorry, my stuff is opposite Shelby's jams, jellies, and baked goods. Anyhow, see the clothing hanging behind the table? That is aprons! Our spot was next to a lady selling aprons and she must have had 150 of them...all made from bath towels!
It was a terribly hot day and to tell you the truth, her aprons looked heavy and hot. Folks liked them though. She sold a lot! Wish I had taken a picture of her booth. All three sides were hanging in aprons, three rows high, overwhelming my little rack of aprons. It was a fun day though and I did sell some bonnets, potholders, bag holders, and 2 aprons. Drove home thinking about what to buy with my little wad of cash. :) Spending the day with Shelby and eating a piece of her apple cake with brown sugar frosting was the best part.
Guess I had better get up from here and get busy. I'm cleaning out the sewing room AGAIN!! Got everything pulled out!
Sorry for posting again so soon. I will close with a picture of our little Ellie...
A fun little story about the aprons. I would have bought yours...maybe the whole lot for they are gorgeous I love the picture of Ellie.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mary. Funny, you never know what will sell at a craft bazaar!
DeleteNever apologize for posting soon!
ReplyDeleteI love your aprons - so cute! So is Ellie.
Thank you, Mari. I feel like there is so much to post about since I've been away so long. :)
DeleteBath towels??? Hm. I do not think I would prefer those to yours. Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteI know! Right! They were very heavy! Thank you MK.
DeleteWe all love your posts, Melba. Come back and post as often as you like. I can see why Eli liked laying in that spot. So cozy for him. Love your dove in the sky too. Sorry you didn't sell more of your aprons at that fair...they always look so pretty and fun to wear. Glad you came out ok though with your sales. Shelby's cake sounds delicious too. Take good care friends. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Diane. I always appreciate hearing from you and enjoy your comments. Love you!!
DeleteAh! What a lovely surprise on a Sunday morning.....Bless!
ReplyDeleteDove and all...Really nice...Sad but nice...Lovely!
Love the aprons, but then l'm an apron person, don't see
why all you ladies should wear the lovely frilly ones....HeHe! :).
Earlier in the year l was doing my weekly rounds of the Charity
shops in town...and came across an apron...Black, with red, white,
and green surround...in the middle above a pocked was a print of
Marlon Brando, dressed as the Godfather...with the words underneath,
Il Padrino...Sono io...HaHa! Just had to buy it of course, so, l always wear
it, if l'm cooking summat Sicilian....! :O).
Henny...I'll send you a photo of it....!
And your aprons are really lovely, a lady is 'not' really dressed unless she's
wearing an apron in the kitchen....and NO...not wearing curlers...! :(.
I was very impressed with the jam, jellies and cake stall...looks all very
nice, hope you took some home with you...!
And...That's a very handsome looking young lady, at the bottom there...Bless!x
π§¦πΆπ¦π§ππͺπ₯π§¦πΆπ¦π§ππͺπ₯π§¦πΆπ¦π§ππͺπ₯π§¦πΆπ¦π§
Oh Willie! That apron is so cool! It is definitely you...and bullet proof! What more could you ask for! Thank you for sending the picture. I started to post a picture but didn't know if you would mind. :)
ReplyDeleteYour aprons are beautiful, Henny Penny! Had I been at that event, I would certainly have purchased yours. Never apologize for blogging too soon, either. We are all glad to see you back writing!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thank you Martha Jane.
DeleteI'm so sorry I missed your post about Eli. My heart goes out to both of you. It is terrible losing a "member of the family" like that. Concerning your stall at the Bee Jubilee, I have to say, I would have preferred your aprons to the other ones. I'm always so hot when I'm cooking or canning and the last thing I would want is a heavy towel around me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! -Jenn
ReplyDeleteJenn, it is so good to hear from you. Thank you. We certainly do miss our Eli.
DeleteYour aprons are adorable and I love the fabrics. I am sorry to hear Eli has passed on, always so very hard to lose a ‘furry’ member of the family. Thanks for sharing. I wish you a good Sunday. Virginia
ReplyDeleteThank you, Virginia. It really is like losing a member of the family.
DeleteYour aprons have personality! Nice photo of Miss Ellie give her lots of love!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I appreciate that Far Side.
DeleteI think your aprons are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jeanette. Maybe they will sell at the next craft event in November.
DeleteHenny, love the dove! Your aprons are adorable... will probably sell all at the next fair. And Ellie is beautiful... hope she isn't pining over Ellie's loss too much. How are the bunnies??
ReplyDeleteEli's loss... sorry
DeleteThank you, Rian. Glad you can see the dove. Ellie is a pretty girl. We sure love her and we all three miss Eli. Hopefully, the aprons will sell in November at the next craft event.
DeleteHenny, I am sorry to hear about Eli. I missed the post on it. How heartbreaking the loss is no matter the age. Hope Miss Ellie is OK and not too lonely. Good that you got out with your sister, but I'd rather have your colorful aprons than plain dark heavy towels for one. I could do that myself, lol. But not the fancy ruffling you add. Hope we see more of you. Lynn and Precious
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lynn and Precious. Yes we sure miss our Eli. Ellie misses him too. Ellie has been going to the window next to our TV cabinet and looking out. A window she has never stood in front of before. Think she is looking for Eli.
DeleteYour aprons are lovely. I would have bought one. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen
DeleteSweet Ellie. She is so beautiful. I loved the apron story and still wear the one I got from you. I've never had luck selling my things at fairs etc. I just give most everything away now.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Thank you Betsy. Hope yoo ok u are enjoying your trip. Love, Henny.
DeleteOh, I don't think a bathtowel apron would be nearly as pretty as the ones you made. A bath towel?! Call me crazy but those are for the bathroom and when they are too worn out for drying off, we rip them up, hem them up and use them as washcloths and dishtowels! Never an apron! LoL. Ellie isn't such a little girl anymore! She is beautiful, though.
ReplyDeleteI'm ok with you posting every day if you want! We all miss you when you aren't here!
Thank you Pam! I feel the same. :)
DeleteWell, your aprons are so beautiful! I like them much better than the other ones. I hope your hearts are healing a little bit-you certainly gave Eli the best dog life possible. The dove cloud is lovely too.
ReplyDeleteDebra, thank you. I appreciate your kind comment. It takes time, doesn't it?
DeleteHi Henny....glad to hear from you. I think your aprons are beautiful and I like the patterns on each of them. I just found some really nice aprons for my oldest granddaughter who is getting married in November. It is neat to see young ladies with aprons on when they cook.. Have a very blessed day.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Shug. I know, I love to see ladies wearing an apron. Would you believe I never think to wear one. :)
DeleteThose towel aprons just don't measure up to yours at all.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate that Linda.
DeleteI always enjoyed seeing big beautiful fluffy Eli on the blog Im So so sorry for your loss. π’ π
ReplyDeleteThank you. We sure miss him. Henny
DeleteOh how much that hurts to lose a special pet like Eli! Many of us have been blessed by watching him for many years. And the cloud dove is beautiful! Much love from Alabama!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It surely does hurt and takes a while to heal. I appreciate your sweet comment.
DeleteHello Dear Henny,
ReplyDeleteI am sending a BIG HUG!!!
I love your aprons. :-) You know that, I bought a few. Hee Hee.
Love YOU!
Carla
Thank you, Carla. Yes, you did buy aprons. you're so sweet!
DeleteSo sorry for your lossπ Our boy Bruno has been gone 3 years and I will forever miss that happy boy.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Donna. My daughter has a dog named Bruno. I believe you! We still miss our little Weetie. She was such a humble little dog and appreciated her home here so much. Someone moved away and left her. :(
ReplyDeleteBom dia Henny. Obrigado pela visita e comentΓ‘rio, sobre o aniversΓ‘rio do Blogger. Confesso, que hΓ‘ muito tempo que eu nΓ£o tenho, nenhum tipo de animal. Uma excelente manhΓ£ de quinta-feira, para vocΓͺ e todos os seus familiares no USA e um grande abraΓ§o do seu amigo carioca. Pode visitar o Blogger, sempre que vocΓͺ desejar.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Luiz. Will visit again soon.
DeleteHi Henny Penny! Sharon from Rivercrest Cottage here. Stopping by to see what you’re up to.
ReplyDeleteI’ve learned that after an ending, there will be a new beginning if you’re open to it. Will be by soon!
My goodness Sharon. It's been such a long time. Thank you for your comment. Hope all is going well for you. Please stop by soon.
DeleteI did not like her aprons at all.
ReplyDeleteTo thick and heavy.
Yours are more my taste!
I love the fabrics and design!
I'm glad your posting again. We have all missed your sweet posts.
I'm glad you have Ellie to love on.
Oh, thank you Savannah! Yes, Ellie is a big comfort and help. Thank you for visiting and leaving me a comment.
DeleteHugs to you- I know it has been a long few days. Missed your posts and glad to see you here. Those aprons would make beautiful Christmas or birthday presents if you decide not to sell them. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteHey Diana. It is good to be back. I just need to stick with it. Thank you for the sweet comment.
ReplyDeleteHello dear friend. I just read your comment on my blog about your husband having heart surgery, oh my goodness! I hope he is doing well. You aprons are so lovely and they look like aprons should look. I would much rather have your pretty ones than ones made from towels. I am so very sorry in your loss of Eli. I know how much it hurts to loose a sweet pet. Hugs and prayers to you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your nice comment. It means a lot.
DeleteYour aprons are wonderful!
ReplyDelete